Social Media Marketing is gaining brand awareness or website traffic using Social Media Platforms while Social Media Management is a system of creating, scheduling, analyzing, and engaging on Social Media Platforms.
The two go hand in hand because at the end of the day you want to create content, for people to engage with to become familiar with your brand and visit your website. There are many social media management tools that are cost-effective and can really help your Social Media efforts, you can find a few of them here:
Each Social Media Platform is different and should be treated as such. You need to be sharing different information on different platforms in order to receive maximum engagement. With that being said, start out with one platform at a time instead of going at the all-in-one approach. Master the platform and then head to the next in order to create more engagement.
What are the major social media platforms?
Facebook is the leader of the Social Media Platforms with 3.2 billion users, you are sure to engage with a variety of users if you find the right channel using their group and friend features. You have the ability to use text, images, and videos on this platform. While you can buy followers, (which is highly frowned upon) It looks great on paper but does terrible things for your engagement and analytics.
Facebook for Social Media Marketing
- Creating a group to go along with a theme of your brand or business page to see what people are interested in is a great way to see what content to create, products to sell, and is a great way to start getting engagement with your brand.
- Facebook Ads are also a way to get pay-per-click engagement with your brand. You can completely tailor the demographic you target – age, location, interests and so much more.
- Adding the Facebook Pixel to your website enables you to re-target visitors who went to your website with an ad on Facebook.
Facebook for Social Media Management
- We suggest posting a couple of times a day to start out with, that way you can analyze what times work best for engagement and go from there.
- You can use a tool such as fanpage karma and likealyzer to analyzer your page and your competition.
What was once a platform for pictures, Instagram has found a way to be competitive in the video market by adding Instagram TV. Instagram can be a blank canvas making a great way to create visual inspired content to get engagement with your brand.
Instagram for Social Media Marketing
- Instagram is owned by Facebook so you can actually share your Facebook ad on Instagram. While pictures can still get the job done, video ads seem to be extremely effective on Instagram.
- Create an interactive hashtag for user engagement
Instagram for Social Media Management
- Just like Facebook, we recommend posting 3 times a day to see what times you get the best engagement.
- You can get really creative with Instagram like making a giant picture out of your 9 picture Instagram grid. Using a grid app from the app store or using a website like canva can help you create a beautiful grid if you don’t know how to splice with Photoshop.
[Insert Twinning Pros Instagram Board Here]
The #2 search engine in the world, YouTube, is strictly for video. With the ability to embed YouTube videos you can integrate it onto all of the different platforms.
YouTube for Social Media Marketing
- YouTube PPC Video Ads are a great way to get in front of a large audience if you have something great to sell. We recommend YouTube video ads for EVERYONE! Whether you are selling a course, webinar, e-commerce, or other products like goods & services.
- If you’re not comfortable getting in front of the camera for a video ad, there are other places on the platform for you to place text ads like cards.
YouTube for Social Media Management
- Get in front of the camera! YouTube is a great channel for people to get in front of the camera and put their message out there into the world.
- Schedule out your videos for maximum engagement
- Optimize your videos in a playlist
Twitter is for quick excerpts for relevant topics. You can share a short video, an image, or a short text. Using trendy hashtags is the best way to connect with other tweeters in the world.
Twitter for Social Media Marketing
- Add a few Call to Actions to your tweets to boost sales and generate leads.
- Twitter Marketing is the best place to A/B test your headlines!
- Promoted tweets and conversational ads are the best way to increase brand awareness on Twitter.
Twitter for Social Media Management
- Schedule your posts to tweet during peak hours.
- Do hashtag research to ensure maximum engagement in your tweet. (but keep them to a minimum)
- Add an image to increase retweets
Pinterest is a special kind of Social Media Platform. It is definitely one for the creatives or want to be creatives! With 300 million users Pictures and Infographics are the best items to share on this platform. They have a great google extension that makes it easy to share ideas to your boards with the click of a button!
Pinterest for Social Media Marketing
- Every blog post or video you create on your website should also be transformed into an image for a Pinterest pin. You can add a button to your website to make it easy for website visitors to save your images/posts to their Pinterest boards.
- Add your logo somewhere at the top of your image to keep it from being covered up by ads.
- Use promoted pins (Pinterest ads) for extra brand exposure
Pinterest for Social Media Management
- Make sure you pin consistently.
- Focus on visuals – with it being an extremely visual website you need to make sure to create content that is sure to catch the reader’s eye!
- Don’t forget to add text! SEO concepts still apply to this visual medium.
Now that you know the difference between Social Media Marketing and Social Media Management you can see how they go hand in hand. We hope you can use these tips to help bring your brand to the next level. Each platform has a way to increase brand exposure making it easier to drive traffic to your website and boost your sales. If you know your brand needs Social Media Marketing or Social Media Management get in touch with our team at Twinning Pros email@example.com and we will be happy to set you up with a quote so we can get started bringing your brand to the next level!